This module includes activities that are designed to develop and reinforce several personal and social skills associated with responsible behavior. Safety, working independently, following directions and rules, as well as sharing space and equipment are the primary skills emphasized. However, a variety of other learning outcomes are also addressed within the module’s activities.
- Complete Module Packet:
- Required Materials:
- All Module Activities:
- Sample Lesson Plan:
- Academic Language Cards:
- Station Cards:
- Beanbag Bandages:
- Set the Table:
- Hide and Seek:
- Train Tracks:
- No More Monkeys:
- Beanbag Bandage Tag:
- Heavy Lifters:
- Hula Hoop Igloos:
- Station Day:
- Self-Assessment Worksheet:
- Holistic Performance Rubric:
- Teacher Self-Evaluation and Reflection Guide:
- Blank Activity Plan Template:
- Blank Lesson Plan Template:
National Standards and Outcomes Focus for Personal & Social Responsibility
Standard 4. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Outcome E1.K-2.
- Follows directions in group settings (e.g., safe behaviors, following rules, taking turns) (K);
- Accepts personal responsibility by using equipment and space appropriately (1);
- Practices skills with minimal teacher prompting (2).
- Outcome E2.K-2.
- Acknowledges responsibility for behavior when prompted (K);
- Follows the rules/parameters of the learning environment (1);
- Accepts responsibility for class protocols with behavior and performance actions (2).
- Outcome E3.K-2.
- Follows instruction / directions when prompted (K);
- Responds appropriately to general feedback from the teacher (1);
- Accepts specific corrective feedback from the teacher (2).
- Outcome E4.K-2.
- Shares equipment and space with others (K);
- Works independently with others in a variety of class environments (e.g., small & large groups) (1);
- Works independently with others in partner environments (2).
- Outcome E5.K-2.
- Recognizes the established protocol for class activities (K);
- Exhibits the established protocol for class activities (1);
- Recognizes the role of rules and etiquette in teacher-designed physical activities (2).
- Outcome E6.K-2.
- Follows teacher directions for safe participation and proper use of equipment with minimal reminders (K);
- Follows teacher directions for safe participation and proper use of equipment without teacher reminders (1);
- Works independently and safely in physical education (2a).
- Works safely with physical education equipment (2b).