This module builds on the skills introduced in Primary Foot Skills module through skill-specific soccer lead up games. Ball control with the feet as well as dribbling, passing, and kicking in combination are the primary skills emphasized. However, a variety of other learning outcomes are also addressed within the module’s activities.
- Complete Module Packet:
- Module Overview:
- Required Materials:
- All Module Activities:
- Sample Lesson Plan:
- Academic Language Cards:
- Station Cards: Link to Basic Equipment Pack
- Pass Vs Dribble:
- Shark Attack:
- Keep Away:
- Soccer Tag:
- Shooting Thunder:
- Station Day:
- Self-Assessment Worksheet:
- Holistic Performance Rubric:
- Dual Performance Rubric:
- Academic Language Quiz:
- Literature Enhanced PE Posters: [Link to LEPEInc.com]
- Teacher Self-Evaluation/Reflection Guide:
- Blank Activity Plan Template:
- Blank Lesson Plan Template:
National Standards and Outcomes Focus for Soccer Skills
Standard 1. Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Outcome E18.3-5.
- Dribbles with the feet in general space at slow to moderate jogging speed with control of ball and body (3);
- Dribbles with the feet in general space with control of ball and body while increasing and decreasing speed (4);
- Combines foot dribbling with other skills in 1v1 practice tasks (5).
- Outcome E19.3-5.
- Receives and passes a ball with the inside of the foot to a stationary partner, “giving” on reception before returning the pass (3);
- Receives and passes a ball with the inside of the foot to a moving partner in a non-dynamic environment (closed skills) (4a);
- Receives and passes a ball with the outside and inside of the foot to a stationary partner, “giving” on reception before returning the pass (4b);
- Passes with the feet, using a mature pattern, as both partners travel (5a);
- Receives a pass with the feet, using a mature pattern, as both partners travel (5b).
- Outcome E20.4-5.
- Dribbles with feet in combination with other skills (e.g., passing, receiving, shooting) (4);
- Dribbles with feet with mature patterns in a variety of small-sided game forms (5).
- Outcome E21.3-5.
- Uses a continuous running approach and intentionally performs a kick along the ground and a kick in the air, demonstrating 4 of the 5 critical elements of a mature pattern for each (3a);
- Uses a continuous running approach and kicks a stationary ball for accuracy (3b);
- Kicks along the ground and in the air, and punts using mature patterns (4);
- Demonstrates mature patterns in kicking and punting in small-sided practice task environments (5).