The Flash-Grant Application is open from November 17 to midnight November 24, 2020. Winners will be announced via the Believe In You Newsletter on December 1, 2020 (Giving Tuesday).
6 schools will be awarded the following Social and Emotional Learning Resources.
- Up to 150 Empowerment Journals. Schools can specify Elementary, Middle, or High School Journals. (A $1,050 value.)
- Live, online professional development for teachers and staff implementing the Empowerment Journal Program. (A $925 value.)
- $75 US Games Equipment Certificate
Total Grant Value per School: $2,050
Selected applicants must be willing to participate in the Empowerment Journal Program Evaluation Process. Three school sites will be selected to begin implementation in January of 2021, and three school sites will begin after March of 2021.
The evaluation will include voluntary teacher and student surveys and voluntary teacher interviews.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Economic need (25 Points)
- Ability to implement the Journaling Program (25 Points)
- Clarity of evaluation commitment (25 Points)
- Clarity of program vision (25 Points)
The top THREE scores will receive the program materials for a January implementation. The next THREE scores will receive the program materials at a time chosen between March and September of 2021.