Created By: Brandy Lynch, Stephanie Dickson, Deb Van Klei, Mary Jo Geddes, Shannon Maly
Special Contributions: Nichole Wilder, Aaron Hart, Andrea Hart
This module builds on the skills introduced in the 6-8 Volleyball module through skill-specific volleyball lead up activities and games. Passing, serving, and application of strategies/tactics in small-sided games and activities are some of the focus areas. A variety of other learning outcomes are also addressed within the module’s activities including working within a team and providing/receiving skill-based feedback.
The activities within this module develop and reinforce responsible behaviors, while introducing volleyball skills that may be new to some students. All participants are given the opportunity to explore volleyball skills in a fun and engaging environment where all students can feel successful. This can allow all students to also participate in social engagement and building connections with their classmates that can extend beyond physical education.
- Complete Module Packet:
- Module Overview:
- Required Materials:
- All Module Activities:
- Sample Lesson Plan:
- Academic Language Cards:
- Volapalooza Station Cards:
- Volleyball Tabata Routine Cards:
- Volleyball Skill Cue Charts:
- Universal Design Adaptations:
- Academic Language Quiz:
- Holistic Performance Rubric:
- Money Ball:
- Three and Run:
- Pass and Go:
- Volleyball Tabata:
- Bingo, Bango, Bongo:
- Volley Tic Tac Toe:
- Volleyball Royal Court:
Teacher Self-Reflection and Evaluation
- Teacher Self-Reflection Guide:
- (Grades 9-12) Exhibits proper etiquette, respect for others, and teamwork while engaging in physical activity and/or social dance.
- (Grades 9-12) Demonstrates competency and/or refines activity-specific movement skills in two or more lifetime activities.
- (Grades 9-12) Chooses an appropriate level of challenge to experience success and a desire to participate in self-selected physical activity while working toward personal fitness goals.
- (Grades 9-12) Identifies and evaluates the opportunity for social interaction and social support in self-selected physical activities.
Working with Others:
- (Grades 9-12) Uses communication skills and strategies that promote positive team/group dynamics.