Created by: Ben Pirillo, Victor Spadaro, Nichole Wilder
Music Production: Hip Hop Public Health
YouTube Crew: Ben Pirillo, Brian Devore, Eileen Tirado, LaDonda Porter, Nichole Wilder, Tom Gelardi, Victor Spadaro
The Rhythm Fit modules will be an on-going series of routines set to music using a variety of equipment. These activities provide an opportunity for teachers to integrate rhythmic movement in a fun and engaging way. Students will be asked to use social and emotional strategies to create a positive learning environment. In order to help your students’ progress through this module, keep the environment fun while also maintaining high expectations for learning.
As physical educators, one of our objectives is to encourage students to use physical activities as vehicles for self-expression. Learning how to move to a rhythmic beat is ultimately a journey of self-expression. Perfecting every step is not what is important. Personal enjoyment, social engagement, and having an appreciation for all movement forms will teach and reinforce skills and concepts while keeping the magic of movement alive.
- Complete Module Packet:
- Exercise Ball Overview:
- Lummi Stick Overview:
- Bucket Overview:
- Exercise Ball Materials:
- Lummi Stick Materials:
- Bucket Materials:
- All Exercise Ball Activities:
- All Lummi Stick Activities:
- All Bucket Activities:
- Exercise Ball Lesson Plan:
- Lummi Stick Lesson Plan:
- Bucket Lesson Plan:
- Academic Language Cards:
- Universal Design Adaptations:
- Holistic Performance Rubric:
- Exercise Ball Academic Language Quiz:
- Lummi Stick Academic Language Quiz:
- Bucket Academic Language Quiz:
- Teacher Self-Evaluation/Reflection Guide:
Exercise Ball Activity Plans
- Island Hopping Beginner:
- Ride Out Beginner:
- Keep Climbin’ Intermediate:
- Bounce Advanced:
- NYC Roll Call Advanced:
- FULL Exercise Ball YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
Lummi Stick Activity Plans
- Hip Hop Feet Beginner:
- Coastin’ Beginner:
- Jump-N-Kick Intermediate:
- Run It Back Intermediate:
- Cross & Dip Advanced:
- FULL Lummi Stick YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
Bucket Activity Plans
- Shout Out Beginner:
- Groove and Flow Beginner:
- Go Off Intermediate:
- To the Core Intermediate:
- FULL Buckets YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
Exercise Ball Routine Cards
- Island Hopping Beginner Routine:
- Ride Out Beginner Routine:
- Keep Climbin’ Intermediate Routine:
- Bounce Advanced Routine:
- NYC Roll Call Advanced Routine:
Lummi Stick Routine Cards
- Hip Hop Feet Beginner Routine:
- Coastin’ Beginner Routine:
- Jump-N-Kick Intermediate Routine:
- Run It Back Intermediate Routine:
- Cross & Dip Advanced Routine:
- Cross & Dip Advanced Sitting Routine:
Bucket Routine Cards
- Shout Out Beginner Routine:
- Groove and Flow Beginner Routine:
- Go Off Intermediate Routine:
- To the Core Intermediate Routine:
- Safely moves demonstrating a variety of relationships with people and objects.
- Combines actions and traveling with movement concepts to create movement sequences.
- Explains the relationship between self-expression and lifelong enjoyment of physical activity.
- Describes how moving competently creates enjoyment and self-expression.
- Describes positive feelings that result from physical activity participation.
Personal Responsibility & Safety:
- Follows directions for safe participation and proper use of equipment without reminders.
- Describes the social benefits gained from participating in physical activity.
- Recognizes that challenges can lead to success.
- Discusses the challenge that comes from learning new physical activities.
- Participates in physical activities that bring confidence and challenge.