National Standards and Outcomes Focus for Roundnet
Standard 1. Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Standard 1 [H1.L1-2] Demonstrates competency and/or refines activity-specific movement skills in two or more lifetime activities (outdoor pursuits, individual-performance activities, aquatics, net/wall games, or target games) (L1); Refines activity-specific movement skills in one or more lifetime activities (outdoor pursuits, individual-performance activities, aquatics, net/wall games, or target games) (L2).
Standard 2. Applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 2 [H1.L1] Applies the terminology associated with exercise and participation in selected individual-performance activities, dance, net/wall games, target games, aquatics, and/or outdoor pursuits appropriately (L1).
- Standard 2 [H2.L1-2] Uses movement concepts and principles (e.g., force, motion, rotation) to analyze and improve performance of self and/or others in a selected skill (L1); Describes the speed/accuracy trade-off in throwing and striking skills (L2).
- Standard 2 [H3.L1-2] Creates a practice plan to improve performance for a self-selected skill (L1); Identifies the stages of learning a motor skill (L2).
Standard 3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 3 [H4.L1] Evaluates—according to their benefits, social support network and participation requirements—activities that can be pursued in the local environment (L1).
Standard 4. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 4 [H2.L1-2] Exhibits proper etiquette, respect for others, and teamwork while engaging in physical activity and/or social dance (L1); Examines moral and ethical conduct in specific competitive situations (e.g., intentional fouls, performance-enhancing substances, gambling, current events in sport) (L2).
- Standard 4 [H5.L1] Applies best practices for participating safely in physical activity, exercise, and dance (e.g., injury prevention, proper alignment, hydration, use of equipment, implementation of rules, sun protection) (L1).
Standard 5. Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
- Standard 5 [H2.L2] Chooses an appropriate level of challenge to experience success and desire to participate in a self-selected physical activity (L2).