SHAPE America National Standards & Outcomes Focus for Roundnet
Standard 1. Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Outcome M13.6-8. Strikes with a mature overarm pattern in a non-dynamic environment for net/wall games such as volleyball, handball, badminton, or tennis (6); Strikes with a mature overarm pattern in a dynamic environment for net/wall games such as volleyball, handball, badminton, or tennis (7); Strikes with a mature overarm pattern in a modified game for net/wall games such as volleyball, handball, badminton, or tennis (8).
Standard 2. Applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Outcome M8.6-8. Reduces offensive options for opponents by returning to mid-court position (6); Selects offensive shot based on opponent’s location (hit where opponent is not) (7); Varies placement, force, and timing of return to prevent anticipation by opponent (8).
Standard 3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Outcome M7.6-8. Identifies the components of skill-related fitness (6); Distinguishes between health-related and skill-related fitness (7); Compares and contrasts health-related fitness components (8).
Standard 4. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Outcome M4.6-8. Accepts differences among classmates in physical development, maturation, and varying skill levels by providing encouragement and positive feedback (6); Demonstrates cooperation skills by establishing rules and guidelines for resolving conflicts (7); Responds appropriately to participants’ ethical and unethical behavior during physical activity by using rules and guidelines for resolving conflicts (8).
Standard 5. Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
- Outcome M6.6-8. Demonstrates respect for self and others in activities and games by following the rules, encouraging others, and playing within the spirit of the game or activity (6); Demonstrates the importance of social interaction by helping and encouraging others, avoiding trash talk, and providing support to classmates (7); Demonstrates respect for self by asking for help and helping others in various physical activities. (8).