National Standards and Outcomes Focus for Creative Mode Fitness
Standard 1 [H3.L1 & L2] Fitness Activities
- Demonstrates competency in one or more specialized skills in health-related fitness activities (L1);
- Demonstrates competency in two or more specialized skills in health-related fitness activities (L2).
Standard 2 [H1.L1] Movement Concepts, Principles, & Knowledge
- Applies the terminology associated with exercise and participation in selected individual-performance activities, dance, net/wall games, target games, aquatics, and/or outdoor pursuits appropriately (L1).
Standard 3 [H2.L1 & L2] Physical Activity Knowledge
- Evaluates the validity of claims made by commercial products and programs pertaining to fitness and a healthy, active lifestyle (L1);
- Analyzes and applies technology and social media as tools to support a healthy, active lifestyle (L2).
Standard 3 [H9.L1] Fitness Knowledge
- Identifies types of strength exercises (isometric, concentric, eccentric) and stretching exercises (static, PNF, dynamic) for personal fitness development (e.g., strength, endurance, range of motion) (L1).
Standard 3 [H10.L1 & L2] Fitness Knowledge
- Calculates target heart rate and applies HR information to personal fitness plan (L1);
- Adjusts pacing to keep heart rate in the target zone, using available technology (e.g., pedometer, heart rate monitor), to self-monitor aerobic intensity (L2).
Standard 3 [H14.L2] Stress Management
- Identifies stress-management strategies (e.g., mental imagery, relaxation techniques, deep breathing, aerobic exercise, meditation) to reduce stress (L2).
Standard 4 [H3.L1&1] Working with Others
- Uses communication skills and strategies that promote team/group dynamics (L1);
- Assumes a leadership role (e.g., task or group leader, referee, coach) in a physical activity setting (L2).
Standard 4 [H5.L1] Safety
- Applies best practices for participating safely in physical activity, exercise, and dance (e.g., injury prevention, proper alignment, use of equipment, implementation of rules) (L1).
Standard 5 [H1.L1] Health
- Analyzes the health benefits of a self-selected physical activity (L1).
Standard 5 [H2.L2] Challenge
- Chooses an appropriate level of challenge to experience success and desire to participate in a self-selected physical activity (L2).