National Standards and Outcomes Focus for Tai Chi
Standard 1. Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- H1.L1-L2. Demonstrates competency and/or refines activity-specific movement skills in two or more lifetime activities (L1); Refines activity-specific movement skills in one or more lifetime activities (L2).
Standard 2. Applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics related to movement and performance.
- H2.L1. Uses movement concepts and principles (e.g., force, motion, rotation) to analyze and improve performance of self and/or others in a selected skill (L1).
Standard 3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- H14.L1-L2. Identifies stress-management strategies (e.g., relaxation techniques, deep breathing) to reduce stress (L1); Applies stress-management strategies (e.g., relaxation techniques, deep breathing) to reduce stress (L2).
Standard 4. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- H2.L1. Exhibits proper etiquette, respect for others, and teamwork while engaging in physical activity and/or social dance (L1).
- H3.L1. Uses communication skills and strategies that promote team/group dynamics (L1).