SHAPE America National Standards and Outcomes Focus for Winter Wonderland Instant Activities
Standard 4. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 4 [E5.K-8] Recognizes the established protocol for class activities (K); Exhibits the established protocols for class activities (1); Recognizes the role of rules and etiquette in teacher-designed physical activities (2); Recognizes the role of rules and etiquette in physical activity with peers (3); Exhibits etiquette and adherence to rules in a variety of physical activities (4); Critiques the etiquette involved in rules of various game activities (5); Identifies the rules and etiquette for physical activities/games and dance activities (6); Demonstrates knowledge of rules and etiquette by self-officiating modified physical activities/games or following parameters to create or modify a dance (7); Applies rules and etiquette by acting as an official for modified physical activities/games and creating dance routines within a given set of parameters (8).
- Standard 4 [E6.K-8] Follows teacher directions for safe participation and proper use of equipment with minimal reminders (K) Follows teacher directions for safe participation and proper use of equipment without teacher reminders (1) Works independently and safely in physical education (2a) Works safely with physical education equipment (2b); Works independently and safely in physical activity settings (3); Works safely with peers and equipment in physical activity settings (4); Applies safety principles with age-appropriate physical activities (5); Uses physical activity and fitness equipment appropriately and safely, with the teacher’s guidance (6); Independently uses physical activity and exercise equipment appropriately and safely (7); Independently uses physical activity and fitness equipment appropriately, and identifies specific safety concerns associated with the activity (8).
Standard 5. Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
- Standard 5 [E3.K-8] Identifies physical activities that are enjoyable (Ka); Discusses the enjoyment of playing with friends (Kb); Describes positive feelings that result from participating in physical activities (1a); Discusses personal reasons for enjoying physical activities. (the “why”) (1b); Identifies physical activities that provide self-expression (e.g., dance, gymnastics routines, practice tasks/games environment) (2); Reflects on the reasons for enjoying selected physical activities (3); Ranks the enjoyment of participating in different physical activities (4); Analyzes different physical activities for enjoyment and challenge, identifying reasons for a positive or negative response (5); Describes how moving competently in a physical activity setting creates enjoyment (6); Identifies why self-selected physical activities create enjoyment (7); Discusses how enjoyment could be increased in self-selected physical activities (8).
- Standard 5 [M5.6-8] Identifies how self-expression and physical activity are related (6); Explains the relationship between self-expression and lifelong enjoyment through physical activity (7); Identifies and participates in an enjoyable activity that prompts individual self-expression (8).
CASEL Social & Emotional Learning Competencies
- Regulate emotions, thoughts, behaviors in different situations.
- Mange stress, control impulses, motivate oneself.
- Set and work toward personal goals.
- Ability to see different points of view and empathize with all people.
- Ability to understand social and ethical norms for behavior.
- Ability to recognize family, school and community resources and supports.
- Ability to make constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards, safety concerns, and social norms.
- Ability to evaluate consequences of actions
- Ability to consider the well-being of oneself and others.
- Ability to understand how emotions and values influence behavior.
- Ability to assesses strengths and limitations with confidence, optimism, and growth mindset.